Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to GHS! Go ahead and register, you'll enjoy an AD FREE environment!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Books a plenty

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 pm

I know not everyone likes it, but i really love to read. i love to be able to go into another world and see all the cool things there are and the stories they have. mostly, i read fiction/ fantasy and have probably read over a thousand of those. created this section to see what books you guys have read and what you think about them ^^
Back to top Go down
bunny master
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

oh gosh, fantasy books are the best, the best fantasy books i have read would be Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.uglyalliance.com
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:55 pm

im sorry x3 i couldn't even get through the prologue of the hobbit, it made me want to kill myself
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 pm

i have two favorite authors right now, Simon R. Green, and Jim Butcher
Back to top Go down
bunny master
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 am

i never read the prolouge's. they are just BOOOORING.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 am

i agree lol
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Yo. Don't dis the Hobbit. That shit was epic win and a far better story then LOTR itself.

You guys should check oyt the inheritance series though if fantasy fans. Fox ruined Eragon as a movie (Though Malcovich an Irons were epic casting roles). the books are pretty good, and the final piece book four is scheduled to come out some time this year.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:28 pm

not dis'n it, just the prologue lol, and i loved eragon, but wanted to shoot myself in the movie when i saw it, completely ruined it, however i would really doubt the next one is commin out this year, he said that for the last book....came out four years later lol
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 pm

lol true dat. but don't forget... Book three was suppoosed to be the last too. He got so creative it just became too big for three books.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:53 am

i didn't like book three as much as the first two :3 when i read the part when finds the other dragon from the second book my mind exploded with awsomeness lol. well that and when he turned elf :3
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:55 am

the agate Blodherim. (Blood oath celebration) XD

IDk, i kinda wtf'd over the guthera bit in book three. Though the sword was gay I will admit that....
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:57 am

mhm i think he could have come up with some cooler way of getting more power then crystals x.x crystals have been way over used lol and oooo look my swords on fire Smile happy day. there needed to be a cooler wepon under that tree lol like the original sword of the first eragon or somethin
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 am

I was hoping it woulda Been that. but you know, that hall of souls is probably going to have the elundari of the first eragon;s dragon. a 1000 year old dragon who was the first to bare rider. You know he is going to be godmod hax'd somehow XD. But I do disagree with calling the elundari crystals. >.> Paolini presented them in a absolute unique manner that removes him from using a over used idea.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:03 am

i know but i thought it would be cooler somehow Sad i was disapointed a bit. it was like oh crystals...thats nice what does the emporor do? carry em around in a sack? lol hopefully that prophecy dosn't mean he gonna end up alone to , i like eragon, but he just needs to jump that girl already
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:41 am

Have any of you read Any books by Dean Koonz? I have read the first 3 books about Odd Thomas and loved them. I will be ordering book 4 soon. Right now I am reeading Breathless by Dean Koonz. This book keeps you wondering what is going to happen next.

Some of my other favorite authors are: James Patterson, Faye Kellerman, Joseph kellerman, Jonathan kellerman, Jeffery Deaver, and lots of others. The lists is very long and you wouldn't read it anyway. Most of my favorite books are mystery storys.

I have also read most of the Star Wars and Star Trek books. In my lifetime I have read 10's of thousands of books. When you consider that I fell in love with books when I was in first grade and have bought thousands of books since then I have made someone a lot of money.

I also have read romance books, but not to much now. I have also read and studied books about the Bible, which I strongly believe in.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:48 am

i can't move in my room without hitting books DX
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 pm

What do you think about the Harry Potter books? I read all of them because my grandson was reading them and I wanted to see what he found that he liked them so much. They were fun books to read.
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:58 pm

If your 13 or older read the Night Angel Trilogy. Its so freaking amazing. But its a little old for people below that. But its the best series I've ever read, I showed it to my cousin and some of my friends, and they loved them. They are freaking awesome.

The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks.
#1: Way of Shadows
#2: Shadows Edge
#3: Beyond the Shadows
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:58 pm

And I have, they're great
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:05 pm

I have heard of the night angel trilogy, but haven't read it. I will have to check it out. As for Harry Potter... i wont touch the books. i don't care for the author's writing style.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:09 pm

OMG night angel ROCCCCCKS !!! (bit of a a godmod man though lol. you couldn't take him down if you hit him with a nuke, or several nukes for that matter) i want him to make the next series now though >.<
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
Alucard

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:11 pm

as for harry potter, i enjoyed them while they lasted, i think she could have taken them farther though.

has anyone read any R.A. Salvatore books from the forgotten realms?
Back to top Go down
bunny master
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:22 am

oh forgot to say something. The hobbit is being made into a movie. two movies actually, first part is coming out this year or next year, I'd have to check though. gandalf will be played by the same actor from LOTR.
Back to top Go down

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am

Of course they are. old news dude. people been talking about that for forever and a day.
Back to top Go down
bunny master
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 am

yeah i know. i couldn't be more excited, just thought i'd say something in case you some how HAVEN'T heard yet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Books a plenty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books a plenty   Books a plenty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books a plenty
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: Book Corner-
Jump to: